The Bahamas, with 700 islands and thousands of impressive islands and caves, are among the most popular destinations for cruises in the Atlantic Ocean. This is because The Bahamas is a truly beautiful country that amazes travelers and scholars alike, especially when it comes to exploring the famous “blue holes”.
More than 4 million tourists enter the Bahamas every year, most of them by cruise ships. It is really fun and enjoyable to visit the Commonwealth of The Bahamas on a luxury cruise ship where tours like these are usually accompanied by parties, celebrations and other tourism activities on board.
Like any type of international travel, traveling on a trip to the Bahamas requires travelers to prepare adequately. Here are eight important things one should do before booking a cruise to the Bahamas.
1. Obtaining a passport. Upon entry onto the cruise ship, passengers will be required to present their valid passport. Usually, cruises consist of visits to more than one country. Thus, The Bahamas also requires a passport to enter. Passports can be obtained from the government passport office in your country of origin. U.S. citizens ages 16 and older will be required to present a valid passport or passport card, while those ages 15 and younger will be required to present an original birth certificate issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Vital Statistics if the passport is not Available. Copies of the birth certificate (photo) are not accepted. It is recommended that an original passport and birth certificate be prepared for each traveler.
2. Obtaining a visa. The visa is not required for citizens of the United States and Canada. However, if you are from outside the United States or Canada, you may need multiple US entry visas and if necessary the Bahamas visa (check better with the Bahamian Consulate for sure). International students studying in the United States traveling on a US visa must provide a SEVIS that is valid for travel.
3. Set up a valid ID. Regardless of passport and visa, travelers may be required to present a valid government-issued ID card.
4. Preparing other documents as proof of nationality. The cruise line may not accept naturalization papers. Foreigners residing in the United States may be required to present a valid residence card. Students will also need to obtain a completed I94 form in addition to official school signed papers. All documents must be original copies.
5. Book your cruise. It is best to book your flight at least 3 months before the date of travel to ensure that you still get the best fares. Remember that prices tend to rise in price as the travel date approaches and the number of tickets available decreases. You can choose to contact a trusted travel agent to help you find the best deals for cruises or just go to a trusted DIY travel booking site (do it yourself). Most travelers use online travel booking websites because customers are given full control when it comes to building their own trip. There are hundreds of online travel sites on the World Wide Web and most of them are owned by independent travel agents or individual affiliates of travel agencies. It is advisable to use travel agency sites that already have strong industry experience because these companies have contact centers with experienced and highly trained specialists ready to assist you if you need help with matters related to your travel. Respectable websites and travel agencies also choose their partner travel partner carefully. You can be sure that you will not be referred to the suppliers of "mysterious" deals.
6. Inform the cruise line if you need special assistance. When reserving your cruise bookings, it is advisable to select any special assistance required. DIY travel websites often have a specific field (often the "notes" field) in their reservation forms for special assistance requests such as modified armchairs, elevators, access ramps, adaptive toilets in public areas and wheelchairs. Upon check-in, reconfirm the cruise line if your note is observed.
7. Get travel insurance coverage. Travel insurance is a vital addition to any type of travel. About 70% of cruisers purchase travel insurance for three main reasons: peace of mind, worry about losing money invested in a trip, and protection from unexpected situations.
8. Pack your luggage. Check baggage requirements for cruise line. Some cruise lines may charge if they exceed the dimension or baggage allowance. Ensure that you abide by any applicable regulations, laws and conditions of cruise lines and ports. Generally speaking, it is not allowed to use weapons, firearms, dangerous materials, flammable materials, controlled substances, and contraband contraband prohibited under local and national laws.
The most affordable cruise packages to the Bahamas are those from Fort Lauderdale, because this harbor is very close to the country. You can choose to book a cruise fare only or a comprehensive package consisting of a cruise and hotel reservation on Grand Bahama Island.