Are you wondering how to get the best air deals? In order to find cheap flights, you must be flexible, book early or at the last minute, and do your homework. Here are 7 tips that will help you find the best deals on airline tickets.
1. Aviation prices are based on supply and demand. When the demand is high, the price of airline tickets is very expensive. You can find good deals if you travel when demand is not high. Take red-eye rides, shave in the middle of the day, shave in the middle of the week. Business travelers usually travel on Monday morning and Friday evening, so avoid those times. Also avoid holiday travel if possible, and stick to the holiday seasons.
2. Contact the airline you want to travel with. Some airlines will give you a lower price than you find on travel ticket deals sites when you book directly with them. Since they have to pay a fee every time someone book a flight on a third-party site, airlines are willing to pass the savings to you if you book directly with him. In fact, you can save up to 5 to 15 percent on rates posted on airline ticket deals sites if you contact the airlines directly.
3. Accept flights with multiple stops. Business travelers and others who travel a lot usually prefer to reach their destinations as quickly as possible. You can save a lot of money by making trips with low demand seats available. Just be sure to bring a lot of magazines and snacks to amuse yourself!
4. Check the airline tickets from other airports within a reasonable driving distance from your home. Sometimes, traveling from a smaller and less popular airport can save you a lot of money. For example, traveling to and from Newark airport is cheaper than traveling to and from any airport in New York.
5. Check the fares for airline tickets. An increasing number of discount airlines are showing up these days, and not all prices have prices listed on bundled airline tickets websites that list airline tickets for multiple airlines. In the United States, discount airlines include Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, and Spirit. Spirit sometimes offers prices as low as $ 9 each way.
6. Book your flight early. Over 2 million flights are purchased every minute. During high seasons, more than 50,000 trips are purchased per second. So if you find a good deal, do not delay buying it. You could end up losing the deal and paying more in the long run. When traveling locally, book at least one month in advance, and if you travel internationally, book at least three to six months in advance.
7. Try different travel dates. Changing travel dates to a few days or even a week can result in significant savings. Usually the best deals for trips that leave on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday.